Home Forums SYSTEM How can I design a ring resonator using Optisystem?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      umer syed
      Participant

I am simulating a mach-zehnder az a cross point which is coupled to a ring resonator. I should use Optiwave/Optisystem software and I can’t find a ring resonator in it’s library. I want to know how can I design the ring resonator by coupler ?

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi umer syed,

ther is no ring resonator in optisystem library.but using probably optibpm or optiFDTD tools of optiwave you can create such devices by your self.and import these devices in optisytem (i.e cosimulation)

for you convence i a post some links which might help you;

Ring Resonator

Devices out of Scope of the BPM Technique (ring resonator)

New Project

New Design

among these link lower one provides details of how to design ring waveguide

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Umer,
      For the design of ring resonator , the circuit must be divided at least into four elements namely, the two coupling regions and several bent elements. They are symmetrical, so you can simulate just one using OptiBPM as mentioned by Asif. you also have to describe the phase delay (perhaps also losses) in the bent arcs. The realistic ring resonator design and its representation in OptiSystem can be done by Co-simulation with OptiBPM. You can refer to link https://optiwave.com/optibpm-manuals/bpm-ring-resonator/
      Regards

umer syed
      Participant

thanks aabid and aasif for the valuable information u people provided…….can i directly import the ring resonator from matlab to optisystem…

alistu
        Participant

Hi Umer,

If by directly you mean using one interface, yes. Matlab component available in optiSystem libraries can be used as a component model apart from the models available in OptiSystem library, where the matlab program for that model is addressed in it. While OptiSystem calculations are running, Matlab is opened to do the corresponding calculations for that specific component.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Umer,
      If you can implement the ring resonator using OptiBPM then you do not require MATLAB code at all. All You need to do then is that you can look for the co-simulation of OpyiBPM and Optisystem.
      In case you are not able to implement it using OptiBPM then you have to write a code for it in MATLAB anfd interface the MATLAB module with Optisystem.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

yo are welcome umer

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

As already discussed, you can use OptiFDTD/OptiBPM for designing the Ring resonator. OptiSystem is used for designing the networks using the components available in component library. But if you want to simulate at component level, You have to use another software from OptiSystem. After that in order to evaluate the performance of that resonator in practical applications you can import that components in OptiSystem to evaluate the performance at network level.
      You can also import ring resonator from matlab to optisystem.
      I hope this will help you.

umer syed
      Participant

i am currently working on the matlab option…….once again thank all for your useful suggestions…

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome umer.
      Once you are done with MATLAB code compilation then you just have to refer to few examples in sample files of optisystem which could give you a clear idea how to do the interfacing part of the design.
      You can also refer to the basic example which shows BER Analysis Using Matlab®/OptiSystem Automation.

Matlab Cosimulation

regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

you are welcome umer.

Rohan katti
      Participant

I have a MATLAB code for ring resonators, where in the through port and drop port transmission intensities are plotted. If i import this to Optisystem, on which visualizer can i see the output, as there is no visualizer which plots between wavelength and transmission intensity, tried the visulaizers availible with Optisystem, but unable to visualize the outputs.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.