Home Forums GENERAL Analysis of OFDM for a ROF System

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GATEEK FATING
      Participant

Hi all,

I am working on a mini-project which deals with the optimum design of OFDM system on a 10 Gbps Link with 16 channels in Optisystems 13.
      The Performance analysis will be done mainly for Comparison of Distances for efficient optical transmission for a 10Gbps link when

1) SMF
      2) SMF with EDFA of 25db and 40 db
      3) SMF with EDFA and DCF
      Note : BER = 10^(-9)

Results and analysis can have some more:

(ii) Q-factor Variation vs Distance/Km (for SMF, SMF+EDFA, SMF+EDFA+DCF)
      (iii) BER vs Distance/ Km (for SMF , SMF+EDFA , SMF+EDFA+DCF)

I am working on this project since last 2 days but as i am new; kindly help me out with this. Kindly guide on how should be my approach.

Attached File might be of some use.

Thanks,
      Gateek Fating

alistu
      Participant

Hi Garry,

It would be of great help if you please attach the paper any paper you wish to simulate the work of. Meanwhile, I addrees a paper named “study of OFDM technique on RoF passive Optical network” by Almassoudi, which contains screenshots from Optisystem implemented system. Also, a paper named “A Review–OFDM-RoF (Radio over Fiber) System for Wireless Network” by Ravi was there among Optisystem referenced works in Optiwave website.

Regards

GATEEK FATING
      Participant

Thank you very much Alitsu..
      I will get back to you after referring these papers and trying some simulation in Optisystem on my own.

Regards,
      Gateek

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome, Gateek! I’ll be happy to help in case of any problem in your implementation.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi! Good suggestion given above.I just want to add that you can go through optiwave optisystem samples in context of ofdm system.As there many examples and you can modify them to realize your system.Many forum topic has been discussed on this forum for OFDm systems by different authors.Here is link of some basic ofdm samples and discussion on ofdm

Coherent Optical OFDM

OPTISYSTEM OFDM Example

wdm coherent ofdm

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.