Home Forums KNOWLEDGE 40 Gb/s DWDM [Optical System]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Question:

I am having trouble designing a 40 Gb/s per channel DWDM system. The 32 channel with 50 GHz spacing system I have simulated in OptiSystem is not performing well and I am not confident in my results. Could you give me a brief example of how to simulate such a design?

mani
      Participant

hello Damian..
      i have a question regarding the file you have attached (3Channel_40Gbps_50GhzSpacing_DirectDetection1.zip)..if we take 100 GHz channel spacing inplace of 50 GHz what are the other parameters we have to change to get the results..i changed WDM Tx channel spacing to 100GHz,MUX/DEMUX Bandwidth to 100 GHz, along with the center frequencies of optical receiver 1 , optical receiver and optical receiver 2 to 193.1,193.2 and 193.3 respectively. Rest everythg remains same as in ur attached file..But prob is BER Analyzer 1 gives 21.96 Max Q Factor whereas BER Analyzer gives 2.23 and BER Analyzer 2 gives 6.34 ..i dont think the Max Q facor values of all the three signals is right..
      Please refer to the your attached file and do reply..
      thanxx alot..
      regards..

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you haven’t changed it already, you need to change the channel frequencies of the WDM Mux and WDM Demux in the Channels tab. Change them to 193.1 THz, 193.2 THz and 193.3 THz. I’m getting very high Q factors of 32!

I attached the OptiSystem 13 project file.

mani
      Participant

dear Damian..Thanxx alot for ur reply..i got my answers..sorry for bothering you again,have another question..i tried to simulate 40gbps DPSK this time..i used “DPSK 7Channels_Script.osd” and changed the link in it having pre-post compensation and zero dispersion..i am getting max Q factor of 35 at 193.1 THz ( receiver with default figures as in the file “DPSK 7Channels_Script.osd”. Problem is when i change receiver input frequency to some another channel, no eye diagram appears.i am changing “receiver NRZ subsystem” frequency to 193.02..rest everythg remains same at the receiver..can you please suggest the other parameters i have to change to see the eye diagram on some another channel rather than the central channel (193.1 THz)…thankss alot, once again..
      regards..

mani
      Participant

Please make a 2 channel system of same file “DPSK 7Channels_Script.osd”..two channels transmitted and two received..rest i myself will figure out..thanxx alot

Damian Marek
      Participant

Answer:

For a system with a very high bit rate and narrow channel spacing it will be difficult to achieve an open eye, due to channel crosstalk. It may be possible to achieve better results by using pulse shaping at the transmitter side.

However, attached you will find a simple example of how a 3 channel system could be simulated in OptiSystem. You are also welcome to follow the link below to a lesson on 16 channel WDM system design.

16 Channel WDM System Design
      https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-16-channel-wdm-system-design/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.