Home Forums BPM 2D simulation of a leaky waveguide

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to simulate a leaky waveguide in OptiBPM. I’ve detailed the structure in the word file in attachment. The structure is quite big and my computer is not able to run such a big simulation. I would like to know if it was possible to simulate this structure in 2D, in order to gather the light field in an YZ cut at the center of the simulated structure (in X=0) with all the different layers. I have already simulated the leaky effect in 3d but with small dimensions (a picture is in the file attached).

Does anyone know or has already done that type of simulation. And if it’s possible, how OptiBPM should be configure to work properly.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide me.

Pierre-Vincent

Scott Newman

Hello Pierre-Vincent,

I do not believe you are going to be able to model this structure accurately in 2D. You could use an effective index method to set the index of the “core” layer and then try a 2D simulation through the layers. Is your computer able to generate the modal distribution for your structure?

Scott

Christina Jörg
      Participant

Hi Pierre-Vincent,

is your long axis (L=20mm) of the structure in the propagation direction (OptiBPM’s x-axis)? Then you could truncate it in x, simulate one piece at a time and use the f3d output file as the new input file for the next piece. I usually do that using a bash script.

Best,
      Christina

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.