BER Analysis Using Matlab®/OptiSystem Automation
This example demonstrates the use of Matlab® software to call OptiSystem and calculate the bit error rate after the OptiSystem simulation.
The Matlab file “MatlabOptiSysBER.m” executes the following functions:
- Generates the data (sequences of bits) that are transmitted through OptiSystem;
- Opens OptiSystem;
- Load file OpticalLinkProject.osd that has the optical link designed;
- Setup the global parameters and transfer the binary data to OptiSystem;
- Run the simulation;
- Transfer the received data from OptiSystem to Matlab;
- Calculates the bit error rate (BER).
Figure 1: System layout
To run this example, the user has to check if the path provided for the OpticalLinkProject.osd file is correct.