A complex grating is approximated by a sequence of uniform segments, and analyzed by connecting the segments with the well-known Transfer Matrix Method. This gives the designer the information needed to test and optimize grating designs.
- WDM add/drop, narrow and broadband fiber and waveguide filters
- Fiber Bragg reflectors
- EDFA gain flattening elements
- Dispersion compensators for fiber communications
- Sideband suppression using grating apodization
- Fiber and waveguide sensors
- Long Period Gratings with coupling to cladding modes