Home Forums SYSTEM With the increase in Power the Ber first decreases then increases.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Dear member

When we increase the transmitted power the BER decreases. which is general behaviour.
      But
      Please guide me that why after a certain input power the BER starts increasing???

As shown in figure attached: After 9 dbm the BER starts increasing while with the increase in Power.

Attachments:
      Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

If you are using a fiber,This is right, because The non-linearity start to appear as the power increased,but in your curve the non-linearity appeared late may be the effective area of the fiber is large or nonlinear refractive index is too small.
      Cheers,
      Abdallah

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Abdullah,

What kind of optical fiber are you using for your experiments? If it a special design with the large mode effective area then I agree with Abdallah (if the number of channels and the bit-rate are the same in both cases).

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

of course I am agreeing with both.

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Dear Sir Abadallah Thanks alot for your reply.
      Is there any way to remove or overcome the fiber non linearities?
      Best Regards

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

If you are not studying non-linearity in your research and it has no great effect in your system,You can disable it from fiber properties.
      and the fiber will work as a linear medium and you’ll not see the knee in your results.
      regards,

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Abdullah when u start increasing power the non linearities of fiber start increasing in the same manner which results in poor BER.

Abdullah non linearities always present in fiber because fiber don’t have ideal properties but if u don’t require to deal with non linearities in ur work then u should disable them.

Ravil
      Participant

That’s right Ibn Aziz,

We can’t remove non-linearities from the fiber, since its initial property which takes place for powers higher then threshold (depends on the type of non-linearity). Therefore, we should keep that in mind when we disable them “artificially”.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

You can minimize the effects of non-linearity in that topic I managed to decrease the effects of non-linearity: https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/project/, but disables it manually I believe it would not be appropriate, as it depends on what you’re working on, ideally you decrease this kind of loss, that would be the more correct.

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Dear Heitor Galvao, Ravil, Ibn Aziz thankx alot for for help.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.