Home Forums SYSTEM wirless optics

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Harjasleen kaur
      Participant

Hello,

can anyone tell is it possible to simulate a Li-Fi system in optisystem and study its properties??

Thanx.

prakash jat
      Participant

not completely, you need extra help like matlab interfacing

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Harjasleen,
      As far as Li-Fi is concerned you require a flickering source, visible light spectrum and a special photo detector which is able to receive information by translating this flickering. I don’t think you would be able to realise a Li-Fi system in optisystem. No doubt the backbone network may be wireless or optical but the Li-Fi system is confined to few metres and it much more to indoor communication. You can develop a Li-Fi system using an embedded systems like aurdino-uno . I hope this I helpful to you.
      Regards

Harjasleen kaur
        Participant

hello aabid and umer,

i want to study the unipolar ofdm proposed to be used in Li-Fi as well as other wireless optics communication system. Can you please tell me which tool should i use? being new to this field, i am not aware of this?

Please help.

Hello
      I agree with Mr Aabid baba. I too think that it may not be implemented here on this tool. You may confirm it from the Admin or for further queries you can contact Mr Damian.
      Hope this reply will be helpful.
      Thanks
      Regards

Hello Harjasleen,

I don’t think it may be implemented by using optisystem for now. You need to go to the basic functioning of the Lifi and see if you can implement it here.

As Umer had suggested that he has already done it you may take some idea from him only because i still believe it is not possible in optisystem.

Regards

Burhan

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi

I want to mention that Li-Fi comprises a wide range of frequencies and wavelengths, from the infrared through visible and down to the ultraviolet spectrum. It includes sub-gigabit and gigabit-class communication speeds for short, medium and long ranges, and unidirectional and bidirectional data transfer using line-of-sight or diffuse links, reflections and much more. It is not limited to LED or laser technologies or to a particular receiving technique. Li-Fi is a framework for all of these providing new capabilities to current and future services, applications and end users.This brilliant idea was first showcased by Harald Haas from University of Edinburgh, UK, in his TED Global talk on VLC. He explained,‖ Very simple, if the LED is on, you transmit digital 1; if it’s off you transmit a 0. The LEDs can be switched on and off very quickly, which gives nice opportunities for transmitting data.
      Li-Fi architecture consists numbers of Led bulbs or lamps, many wireless devices such as PDA, Mobile Phones, and laptops. Important factors we should consider while designing Li-Fi as following:
      Presence of Light, Line of Sight(Los) For better performance & use fluorescent light & LED.
      You may refer to this link.
      https://www.google.co.in/urlsa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4qcL3x8fNAhXKpJQKHTsmDGYQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lifipublications.com%2FPublish_your_book.html&usg=AFQjCNF7NIiVOpx54egtClMKOwiia6mDGw&bvm=bv.125596728,d.dGo

Thanks

Karan Ahuja
        Spectator

I want to add that Li-Fi is typically implemented using white LED light bulbs at the downlink transmitter. These devices are normally used for illumination only by applying a constant current. However, by fast and subtle variations of the current, the optical output can be made to vary at extremely high speeds. This very property of optical current is used in Li-Fi setup. The operational procedure is very simple-, if the LED is on, you transmit a digital 1, if it’s off you transmit a 0. The LEDs can be switched on and off very quickly, which gives nice opportunities for transmitting data. Hence all that is required is some LEDs and a controller that code data into those LEDs. All one has to do is to vary the rate at which the LED’s flicker depending upon the data we want to encode. Further enhancements can be made in this method, like using an array of LEDs for parallel data transmission, or using mixtures of red, green and blue LEDs to alter the light’s frequency with each frequency encoding a different data channel. Such advancements promise a theoretical speed of 10Gbps – meaning one can download a full high-definition film in just 30 seconds.

Li-Fi Technology in Wireless Communication – Revathi Ganesan

http://gimt.edu.in/clientFiles/FILE_REPO/2012/NOV/23/1353645362045/69.pdf
        http://www.academia.edu/8404489/Li-Fi_Light_Fidelity_-The_future_technology_In_Wireless_communication

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      I think the query is mainly about implementation of Li-Fi in Optisystem and as far as the implementation part is concerned I don’t think for now it can be implemented in optisystem. So it would be appropriate to say that it may or may not be possible in this tool d aforementioned . I hope this is helpful. Thanking you all.
      Regards

Harjasleen kaur
      Participant

thanks Karan Ahuja , i hope papers you have attached would be helpful .
      N as told by Aabid it is not possible to realize a LI-FI system with optisystem.

Pengfei Du
      Participant

Hello all, I noticed the diffusive channel module is added in Optisystem 14.0, I believe that the simulation can be run but what the problems I encountered is the modulated signal from LED is very noisy. As far as I know, it can’t be so noisy. Any ideas on this?

Attachments:
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.