Home Forums SYSTEM Why we only prefer to use Gaussian Mono Cycle Pulses for IR-UWB System

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

I have studied many research papers in which they count the advantages of Gaussian Mono cycle pulses for IR-UWB systems. But i could not find any specific reason in this type of pulse due to which it has all these properties/adv and due to this we preferably used this pulse over other type of pulses in IR-UWB.

Kindly if any one know what is the main quality/feature/characteristic of these pulses which attracts us to use this in IR-UWB system, plz share.

I wil be thakful to u.

Best Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

If any one know any research paper or book which explains above reason plzz sharee.

Best Regards

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Dear Bilal

As you know in the IR-UWB there is no carrier and the data is transmitted in very-short pulses (nanoseconds), thus Gaussian pulses are used because it easy to get narrow Gaussian pulses with sharp trailing and leading edges compared with square and triangle pulses. Now derivatives of Gaussian pulses are used (MONO, DOUBLET, TRIPLET..) for the following reasons:

1- The most important reason is to fit and comply with the mask specified by the FCC, as you note from the attached image, as the derivative order increase, the power spectrum of the transmitted UWB pulses fit the FCC mask and the power efficiency increased as well.

2- As you know the antenna is not efficient at DC and by using derivative the DC value is removed.

Attachments:
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks alot Jaffer u made me clear.

i have also found a paper (attached below) relavent to this post. if u had not gone through this paper then give a sight to it. it will also benefits u.

Dear Jaffer if u have some source/paper from which u have taken above attached pic and also reasons kindly share it. i want to go through that paper/book etc.

Stay Bless.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.