Home Forums SYSTEM why this error message ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ahmedbasuony
      Participant

why i found this error message “encountered an improper argument” when run BER Analyzer

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

I believe it was because the binary and electrical signal coming from the first user were mixed up. Generally OptiSYstem will keep track of what type of signal a port is but after a Fork component it can be anything, so OptiSystem will not stop you if you make an error. I also sped up the calculation by not converting the noise bins in the project.

Please see the attached.

Regards

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

Thank you Damian Marek very much ,now it work
      but i want to know why not work ? and where is the error that make it not work ? and when i add another node to the file that you upload i found it not work , and can i make ring contain 60 node with 30 channel ? please help me if you can
      and thank you very much for your effort
      ahmed

Damian Marek
        Participant

The error was at the output of the node used to calculate the BER. There are two outputs a binary signal and electrical signal. The connections going to the BER Analyzer were mixed up as the electrical signal was connected to the binary input and the binary signal was connected to the electrical input.

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

Thank you very much Eng.Damian Marek for your help ,really you are expert in optiwave system

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.