Home Forums SYSTEM why this error message ????

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ahmedbasuony
      Participant

why i found this error message “encountered an improper argument” when run BER Analyzer when i convert the data rate from 10 gb/s to 40 gb/s it works well with 10 gb/s ????

and the second question when i am using 10 gb/s and every ring connected to itself without OXC i found that have low quality factor than when two ring connected with two OXC but this not logic why???

Attachments:
      ahmedbasuony
      Participant

please any one help me

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Ahmed,

I am looking into this, but the project file is pretty complex! Do you have any article that explains how this system is supposed to function just so I have a reference?

Thanks,
        Damian

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

i attached now the file that you build it to me in other post and also the same problem with error message “encountered an improper argument” when run BER Analyzer at data rate 40 gb/s but it works well with 10 gb/s

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

please any one help me because i am don’t know if this problem from the optiwave program itself or from error in design.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Ahmed,

I have not forgotten about this project! Last week I was out of office at a show, so I didn’t have time to look at it. I have returned to the office and I am troubleshooting it now.

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Ahmed,

I replaced all of the EDFA Black Box components with the Optical Amplifier component, because there seems to be a bug with the black box component when using the ASE. The project works fine now, except the signal is very noisy, you may want to change either the photodetector settings to lower the thermal noise or increase the gain of the amplifiers from 0.3 dB to something larger.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we will provide a fix to this issue in the future!

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

ok thank you very much for your effort ,today i will check it and give you my response ,
      again thank you very much

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

thank you Damian Marek but it have noise more than in case of EDFA

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

SO what can i do in this noise ? or use edfa for limitted number of node and frequency and i want to know if edfa have a relation between them and frequency and also between edfa and data rates or it must work at any frequency and data rates

Damian Marek
        Participant

The Optical Amplifier is a simpler model and doesn’t have a relation between wavelength and gain. I would simply use it first to make sure the simulation is running successfully. You can change the noise power with the noise figure option or completely disregard the noise by unchecking Include Noise.

Once your simulation is working with this simple model, try using a more advanced model like the EDFA component or the Optical Fiber Amplifier. These include options for a wavelength dependent noise/gain distribution.

Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.