Home Forums SYSTEM why this BER analyzer error message ??

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ahmedbasuony
      Participant

first i want to know why this simulation take long time ??
      the result in first ring (top ring ) it appear and there is no problem in it but it take long time and this ring consist of 30 node
      which 15 node take frequency 193.1,193.2,193.3,….to 194.5 and the other 30 node also take take the same frequency to be able to
      make connection the other node

the second ring (bottom ) with the same configuration like the previous ring but with frequency 195.1,195.2,195.3……to 196.5
      but there is error in the BER analyzer it get message “encountered an improper argument ” note that i work at 2.5 Gbps
      please i need to know why this error and also delay ??

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

please any one help me because i am don’t know if this problem from the optiwave program itself or from error in design.

alistu
      Participant

The delay might be occurring because of too much power in the line, which results in nonlinear effects. Make sure your amplifiers do not amplify more than the amount of power being attenuated by the line.

Ravil
      Participant

Agree with Alistu about delay. You can check it after disabling fiber nonlinearities. For error my guess is there might be a conflict in your OADM.

Ravil
      Participant

I’m sorry, I can’t open your file and check it out since I have an older version of OptiSystem.

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

how i can check that amplifiers do not amplify more than the amount of power being attenuated by the line ?
      and i review the drawing more than one time to check if the is any conflict or no and i wan’t found any thing please if any one have the ability to help me , please help me

alistu
      Participant

You can find out the effect of nonlinearities on your simulation time by doing what Ravil said: Disable fiber nonlinearities.

alistu
      Participant

You can also find fiber attenuation in dB by doing the following multiplication (for each of your blocks):

(Fiber Length)*(Fiber Attenuation)

Now the amplifier you use must have the same gain (again in dB) as the result of the product above.

Note that you can find the characteristics mentioned above by double-clicking on the fiber blocks and the amplifier blocks.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Ahmedbasuony, when you do calculations according to Alistu recommendations, I’d advice you to keep in mind the losses in OADM (and check if you have them).

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

thanks to Ravil and alistu , i will do that

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.