Home Forums GENERAL White Light Source

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Could someone tell me what can be a possible way of removing whole noise introduced by the white light source??

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aabid,

The only way to partly remove noise from white light source is to use filter, which cannot remove white light source in the passband. However, using higher signal power causes improvement of the signal to noise ratio and this way, the destructive effect of the noise (introduced by white light source) is lessened.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you alistu..
      Shall try it.. but i can’t use large power levels in my design. The power i need to use should be optimum.
      Anyways thanks a lot

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome. I understand. Large power also causes nonlinear effects to have a bad effect on system performance. Had you asked about your system design in a separate page, I would have provided help corresponding to that, but now using filter and increasing power as much as possible are the only ways.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

yeah very true.
      There must be a way to tackle all this dispersion caused. Dispersion compensation using grating can be achieved but for that we may use chirped grating.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.