Home Forums SYSTEM WHite light source and SMF fiber

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      maha sliti
      Participant

Hello,
      I use a white light source as an optical source and an optical fiber as a propagation link. But, the computational time is very important !!!
      I have attached the simulation file.
      Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Greetings Maha,i have analyzed youe system file and just replaced a white source led with lower power same led.you can set the value as low as -130 dB in power tab.Then it will calculate in a fraction of second.This is happened due to reason that for higher power smf calculation takes too much time and non linear effect also comes into play.i would suggest you to jst change power and your system work fine .
      Cheers !

LALIT VERMA
      Participant

if you remove the third order dispersion in fiber characteristics then also the time will be reduced as we are not concerned with 3 order dipersion in SMF.

alistu
        Participant

You are right Lalit. It would definitely reduce simulation time, but we are not concerned with third order dispersion only as long as we keep the power in the system low. Otherwise the 3rd order dispersion becomes a limiting factor and by ignoring it, we lose our simulation results reliability.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Lalit,i think it would be better to use low power instead of deselecting third order dispersion.But your point is good,Keep it up.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.