Home Forums GENERAL white LED spectrum

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      fairul anwar
      Participant

hi, right now I’m constructing M-ary PAM system for visible light communication system using LED (IMDD) so I just notice the wavelength or optical spectrum produce by LED is pointy/peak at defined wavelength. I need to simulate using real life white led spectrum from 400nm – 750nm so I need some suggestion to get the spectrum. should I just use few CW laser and define the power and wavelength imitating LED spectrum or should I use wavelength multiplexor and combine number of LED together or maybe anyone have any other suggestion?

Damian Marek
      Participant

This is an interesting problem! What I think would be the best way would be to use a White light source to give you the range of noise from 400 nm to 750 nm then use an optical fiber amplifier provide gain according to your distribution. The Optical Fiber Amplifier allows you to load a gain profile from a text file that you could populate from the relative powers of the spectrum you attached. Then you could either modify the power of the light source or the peak gain of the optical fiber to get the desired power levels.

fairul anwar
      Participant

i still new with the optiwave system so i already try two or three setup but i still couldnt figure out how optical fiber amplifier works in my case. do i combined all together or just fed into channel seperately

Damian Marek
        Participant

Please attach the text file and project file you have so far.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.