Home Forums GENERAL White Gaussian Noise

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nik DJENH
      Participant

Hi

I’m using OptiSystem7, in order to simulate an optical communication channel, I would like to add a white Gaussian noise to an optical signal. I have to add a noise to an optical signal, however, I wrote a Matlab code to generate a white Gaussian noise, but it was an electrical signal. The white Gaussian noise I created was an electrical signal whereas I have to convert it into optical before adding it to the optical signal.

My trouble is then, how can I convert an electrical White Gaussian Noise to an optical noise ?

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Nik,
      Yeah! There are no opto-electrical converters present in the optisystem at the moment. However, you are doing it correctly by writing a code in the Matlab. All you need to do is to change the type of port i mean here you want it in optical domain so you need to set it to optical. Actually in OptiSystem, you need to open the Matlab component and go to the Outputs. The type of the output should be set to either electrical or optical depending on what it is functioning as.I hope this will help you.
      Regards

Nik DJENH
      Participant

Hi aabid baba
      Thanks for your response.
      I wrote a Matlab code for generating a white Gaussian noise, but it still doesn’t work. I don’t know if there is a mistake in Matlab co-simulation syntax using OptiSystem or if it’s my Gaussian noise code which doesn’t work.
      Please can you verify me this code ?

Regards

Hi
      I agree with Mr Aabid Baba becuase there are no opto-electrical converters present in the optisystem at the moment. However, you need to do is to change the type of port i mean here you want it in optical domain so you need to set it to optical. Actually in OptiSystem, you need to open the Matlab component and go to the Outputs as mentioned by Mr Aabid. The type of the output should be set to either electrical or optical depending on what it is functioning as.
      I hope you find it useful.
      One more thing i want to mention is that your code may be correct but selection of type of port may be one that is causing the issue. I hope you will look for this and implement it again.
      Thanks
      Regards

Jamal
      Participant

Nik DJENH
      Were you able to solve your problem this way ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.