Home Forums SYSTEM What is the bandwidth of the detectors?

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

for lower frequencies am getting smooth curves, but for the higher frequencies i am getting diagonally clipped sine waves..why?

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Which detector are you referring to?

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

i used both PIN & APD…but sometimes i am getting Amplitude Modulated Waveforms too

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

i hav attched the signal after the detector

Attachments:
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

detected signal at 15 Ghz

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

What is your detector cut-off frequency? Not able to view your attachment…

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Under the tab “frequency” you can set the bandwidth of the PIN/APD…

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Dear Ravil, i don’t know what kind of image format to upload in this forum?

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Dear Alessandro Festa, thank u …let me try

Ravil
      Participant

esakkimuthu, jpg and png should work. I think you should be able to see it when you go “upload”.

Ravil
      Participant

According to your question, the main reason is the cut-off frequency which you should be able to change with “frequency” tab (as recommended above).

vipul
      Participant

Hi
      Simply screen print it and paste it in paint,change type file as .png and save.

Ravil
      Participant

By the way, what version of OptiSystem are you using?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Look, I understand what you meant I converted their two images to the jpeg format, and in it I saw what you meant “i used both ODA & PIN … but sometimes i am getting Amplitude Modulated Waveforms too”. At 165-GHz and 15GHz, I would say to you see the global parameters as it was not offered more details of your project or you’re working I created a transceiver (+ external modulation laser + receiver) connected the photodio PIN and APD, and then bessel filter and low was stirring in the cutoff frequency, the here what will change is the value that is being in its cutting frequency, in versions greater than there are optisystem 7 ‘s a variable in the global paramatros called symbol rate, this variable was created specifically for to set the cutoff frequency of electrical filters, there you will vary the value of it, to arrive at a value in a waveform is acceptable in your oscilocospio. If you are using optisystem 7, created a new variable in global parameters then goes in the properties of the photodiodo and in the script of “custom frequency” place 0.75 * (name of the variable that you created) I hope this helps
      my compliments

Ravil
      Participant

Good idea Heitor, but I’m still wondering what scheme exactly did he use then…

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

This working on what exactly?

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Dear Heitor and Ravil, please go through the attached osd file. i am trying to generate millimeter wave using optical frequency multiplication. My input RF frequency is 15GHz using which i am generating 2nd ,3rd,and 4th order harmonics at the detector. if I set the Filter center frequency as 15 GHz,30GHz i am getting smooth sine wave, if i set center frequency as 60GHz and above i am getting distorted/or irregular sinusoidal signal? Why? How to set global parameters? please give me some idea. Thanks in advance to u both. optisystem v12

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

i am using optisystem 12

Ravil
      Participant

Dear esakkimuthu,

Can you attach the pic of your set up from the files you uploaded because I can’t open them with my version of OptiSystem?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Sorry I can’t help you I’m using optisystem 7

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

A file of a higher version of optisystem, doesn’t open in a version lower than for example a file of optisystem 12, won’t open in optisystem 7

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

hi Heitor,ravil,vipul and festa i thank u all for ur efforts to ans my question. please go through the pic

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Have you tried increasing the samples per bit in the layout parameters? The bit rate is much less than the frequency of the Sine generator and so the default setting for Samples per Bit may be too low.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.