Home Forums SYSTEM What is the acceptable value of BER

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jagan padhy
      Participant

Dear Sir,
      Anybody, please guide me what is the acceptable value of BER in BERT of Opti system. according to ITU-T standard, the value should be less than 10^-12, whereas in BERT the BER values are coming in decimal point e.g- 0.0001344 so on..In BER anlyser it was coming as 10^-XY form and so on. The problem is that BER analyzer is not used in all advanced modulations examples of Optysystem. hence I got completely confused about the acceptable values of BER in BERT. Please guide me with proper references. Thanking you

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Jagan,
      the results of the BER analyser can be accessed using right click on the component, then select “Component Results”. Then you can accessed all possible results of the visualizer. The BER value can be absolute or in dB. The min BER value depends on the modulation and rate. Typically for 10G system the min BER is 1E-12. However, if you use FEC or ultra FEC you could tolerate 1E-3 or 1E-2, respectively.

You can use BER Analyzer with advanced modulation, you need to set it up correctly.

Which OptiSystem version do you use?

Regards,
      Ahmad

jagan padhy
      Participant

Dear sir,
      I am using the Licence version of Optysystem 15.1. I have tried a lot to get the BER value by using BER analyzes but didn’t a success when using advanced modulation technique. In sample files also all examples have been given by using BERT. would you please guide me what modification is required for getting a result in BER analyzer.
      As you said Typically for 10G system the min BER is 1E-12. However, if you use FEC or ultra FEC you could tolerate 1E-3 or 1E-2, respectively. can you please explain how.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Jagan,
      we can put more time into supporting your request if you have valid OptiSystem license or valid maintenance and support license.
      Please contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com for more discussion.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.