Home Forums SYSTEM What is Parameterized Signal ??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Amit Garg
      Participant

I am simulating one system with the help of optisystem 13. the reflections coming from the bidirectional fiber due to SBS are measured. now I am analyzing the reflected signal by optical spectrum analyzer. I am getting Parameterized Signal . plz tell me what is the parameterized signal and if I want to use this signal for further communication then is it possible???

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Amit,

Normally most signals are stored as sampled signals (at each time a signal will have a corresponding complex field value). To save memory and computation, some signals are stored simply by their frequency, linewidth and average power, the CW Laser is an easy example.

I am not sure what the signals going into your fiber are, but generally the optical pumps are stored as parameterized signals, because the model is quite simple (Power and frequency is really all you need). You can choose to leave it as parameterized or convert it to a sample signal using the corresponding component “Convert to Sampled Signal”, but it should not change your simulation much.

Regards

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.