April 25, 2015 at 6:10 am #20126Ibn AzizParticipant
Hi every one !
Hope u r fine.
1. I need to know, what are the common values used for “Insertion lose” for different components like “Gaussian Band Pass Filter (Optical) and Electrical”, “MZM”, “Low Pass Filter (Electrical)”.
2. I also need to know, what are the common values of “Loss” for “Spliter” and “Combiner” ?
If any one knows these values kindly share, it will helpful for all forum members and further if some one has worked on real world system then share ur knowledge about these values so that every one can benefit.
April 26, 2015 at 12:11 am #20143RavilParticipant
Hi Ibn Aziz,
In particular, you can take a look at the specifications of the component you are interested in and you should be able to find these data. In general, the “insertion losses” for splitter can be calculated as 10*lg(N). Where N is the number of splitter’s outputs. For MZM, its “insertion losses” depend on its material and length. Usually, they are in the range of 1-2 dB. According to filters, the losses depend on their shape and order (for an electrical ones). If I am not mistaken, they are in the range of 1-3 dB.+1
April 26, 2015 at 3:46 am #20146Ibn AzizParticipant
Thanks alot Ravil,
From where i can get these specifications ? i have searched alot and got number of specifications but don’t know which one is authentic.
1. For Splitter if i use 0.2 dB loss is that accurate ??
If i use above formula to get value of Loss then it would be very high and results in degradation of signal. This so because, i am using almost 5-8 splitters in my setup with 5 splitters with 2 output ports and 2 with 5 output ports. In this way my BER wil raises to much.
Ravil if i keep loss range of splitter between 0.2-0.5 it that ok/ meaningful ??
2. For optical combiner i am also using loss range between 0.2-0.5 dB, is that correct ??
3. for Optical band pass filter (gaussian) and electrical band passs filter , i kept the same value range between 0.2-0.5 db, Is this possible or Should i increase more ??
Thanks for ur participation in the topic and if u know above values or have some knowledge about above issue plz share.
May 4, 2015 at 2:23 am #20334Dr. MohammadMahdi AriannejadParticipant
any sample design for this case?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.