Home Forums SYSTEM WDM System

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

WDM System
      One thing I can tell is that has a fiber link in the loop and another after leaving him, that’s not good, that’s why I left only the link of the loop, because it has a line amplifier to compensate for attenuation of this fiber, these results of error rates (BER) are strangers, because it has back that they are with values 0 and the other ja is any value very strange that. Is to decrease and not having a sudden change like this and then again some results again, so I just loop fiber with 100 miles and the amplifier compensating all its attenuation, i.e. with a gain of 100 * 0.2 = 20dB. To be able to be made a graph of BER BER OSNR and m a x number of laps in the loop. How can I improve the conditions of this signal and transmit again to improve the error rate on the first lap and so in the other she if the compiler of a better way?
      in the annex the palette

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

In annex a excel spreadsheet with the values from the minlog (BER) and OSNR,
      When I refer to the number of rounds is for the loop that contains fiber and amplifier

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

Did you account for losses in splitters and coupling devices in MUX? What max reach do you expect to get for your system theoretically?

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Good night all quiet, Ravil is theoretically for the minlog (BER) values go decreasing according to the number of laps, the loop that contains fiber and amplifier, and what’s happening actually in some laps the value of revou (BER) this assuming a zero value.

Damian Marek
      Participant

I think you will need some dispersion compensating fiber for this particular case. At a bit rate of 10 Gb/s the dispersion will probably be the limiting factor here, not attenuation.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

How can I make this dispersion?

Ravil
      Participant

After using such compensation I would also pay attention to noise and losses in Bragg grating which will also affect your OSNR

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.