Home Forums SYSTEM WDM GPON

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

hello guys.
      have anyone try to do the design of the WDM GPON?Im stuck.Is there anything i can refer to?

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Yes Abdul i have worked on WDM GPON.What is the problem you are having in system?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Abdul-baqi, Since it seems you are new to the concept and since you have asked for a reference, I would suggest first having a look at a paper named “A Framework on Passive Optical Networks: GPON and next generation WDM PON” by “Kalta”, which provides useful basic information on the concept and help you get started.

Ashu verma
      Participant

I think this system would be the answers to your all the question.
      https://optiwave.com/download-1/wdm-pon/
      Please try to find the other topics regarding WDM-PON on this forum.Basic ideas as well as system files are also there.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you. It was definitely precise, right to the point and well qualified as the best answer here. However, can you please explain the difference between the PON and GPON? Or I’d better say what type of PON systems are GPONs? Thanks.

Ashu verma
          Participant

Thank you Dear.

Ashu verma
          Participant

G here refers to Gigabit PON.The difference here is Data rate ,distance and no. of users suggested by ITU.Passive optical networks(PON) is a basic terms to refer these system as Splitter used in these all systems not consumes power for spliting users..

thank you everyone. you guys help a lot

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome abdul baqi,glad to help forum members.if you will have any issue and information ,share with us and try to help otjer forum members.Best of luck for the research and have a good experience with optiwave.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.