Home Forums GENERAL WDM channels

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear respected friends

Hope you all are fine

i would like to know the difference between

let consider we couple two probes located at 1549.15nm and 1549.24nm by using x-coupler at the TX end.At the reception side,we have to DEMUX these two channels by using 1×2 WDM DEMUX.If we click on DEMUX,then properties dialog box for DEMUX opens and in the channels tab,what value of the “nm” should be???Is it will be 1549.12 & 1549.24nm or any other?please explain?
      i am very grateful to my friends on the forum for their great help.
      i am also attaching the screen shot of the simulation
      with best regards
      jawad mirza

Attachments:
      Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Hello brother. Your question would be more clearer if you can explain what you are trying to achieve by this setup. if it is a simple WDM system, all i know is that you would detect your signal by using the same wavelength used at the transmitter. Tell us what you are trying to achieve by coupling two different wavelength with a data carrying wavelength.

Thanks

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Taiwo

i am simulating a UWB mono and doublet pulse generation system working at 10Gbps by using multiple optical signals.Two probes signals and one pump signal modulated by 10gbps data rate.then these multiple signals are interacting in a SOA under XPM and then at output of the SOA chirped pulse has been generated.When this chirped pulse is located at linear slope or quadrature slope of the WDM DEMUX transfer function,then UWB mono and doublet pulse generates.this is the scenario
      rest of the problem is the same which i mentioned in the question.
      i am also attaching the paper
      Sir Taiwo,please look at the paper and try to solve my issue.
      i will be very grateful for you
      thanks
      best regards
      jawad

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.