Home Forums SYSTEM WDM BER measurement

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Thomas Freir
      Participant

I am validating a model to investigate crosstalk in a CWDM system. I have attached the simulation and a graph of how the change in wavelength of CW Laser affects the min Log BER from the BER analyzer.

The laser and the BER analyser are from the same channel so I would expect the BER to be more or less constant at around 1×10^100 as the link is short. Hence the Log of the BER would be about -100. Every time I run the simulation the first sweep always gives a Log BER in the order of -10 with subsequent sweeps giving a Log BER around -100. I have varied the starting wavelength and the number of sweeps and I keep getting similar results. For some reason the first sweep is not working.

Thomas Freir
      Participant

Simulation is attached

Thomas Freir
      Participant

Graph attached

Attachments:
      Sasha
      Participant

Hello Thomas,

How did you view the output as log of BER and frequency?

But I checked the component results of BER analyzer and I saw the min Log BER as -86.041. I am not sure whether it is right or not. Just giving an idea.

Regards,
      Sasha

Thomas Freir
      Participant

How did you view the output as log of BER and frequency? Used the report function

But I checked the component results of BER analyzer and I saw the min Log BER as -86.041. I am not sure whether it is right or not. Just giving an idea. (After you run the simulation did you check the BER for each sweep, not just the last one)?

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Thomas,

Thanks. I checked the BER value for the last one.

Thomas Freir
      Participant

Can someone from the optisystem team have a look at this please?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.