Home Forums SYSTEM Wavelength Stripping Optical Switcing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear Optiwave team and forum member,

Did anybody work, performed research or accomplish some modeling using Wavelength Stripping Optical Switching (WSOS) preferably for star (or other kind) optical network architecture. For those who did, can you, please, give me your advice or recommendation on how I can model the transmitter and receiver for this type of switching using OptiSystem resources? I will appreciate any guidance from your side!

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Optiwave Team and forum members,

I just want to confirm if this message of mine can be seen. If you do, please, let me know if you have any ideas or can give any guidance about modeling using Wavelength Stripping Optical Switching (WSOS). Looking at the paper “Performance Tradeoffs for a Wavelength Striping Optical Switching using a Novel Star Architecture”, in quantitative analysis of BER vs number of cascaded SOAs dependence, it’s not clear how non-linear effects in SOAs were considered for calculation of cross-gain modulation.

Ravil
      Participant

The other question, which I have to modeling using WSOS, is from the same (indicated above paper). How were the transmission wavelength chosen according to SOA’s spectrum? For my modeling experiment, I am trying to understand how can BER vs SOAs dependence, which shown at Fig. 5, be supported by the simulation results, i.e. how can we obtain the results shown at Fig. 11 of this paper. I will appreciate any guidance from your side!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.