Home Forums GENERAL visualizer

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

i have simulated my .osd file .
      in my design i have to put the optical time domain visualizer after the amplification in optical fiber link..
      now unforunately there are too many spikes in signal (in the 1 level of signal) ..

hence i am unable to evaluate what exactely the peak power level after amplification is…

repliess will be appreciated,,,, but be focussed on my problem, and do not reply links or put the theory here

with regards

HELLO AASIF BASHIR..

Well these spikes can be either due to high launching power or the distortion in the fiber channel.. and to get best results try to increase global layout iterations from 1 (which is a default value) to 2 or 3 if you are using any bidirectional component in your design implementation.. That can help

Also i would like to suggest u to use power meters also for keeping an eye on the power level variations.. i hope it will be helpful..

Thanks & regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      In my opinion to some extent i agree with fayiqa. As she said that this could be either due to high launching power or the distortion in the fiber channel , in addition to it, i very well can be because of the random noise bins. I would like to suggest you to view the same signal without noise parameters while visualizing and check for the results. I guess the waveform may be without these spikes.
      Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

look aabid baba and fayiqa ;
      you have not get my query completely
      how so ever the sweeps i take there is always the spikes in visualizer..
      i have not acess to software yet. but as soon as the software is available for me i will upload screen shot here… and explain what the real problem was.

with regards

HI AASIF BASHIR..

Yeah that would be more convenient and As far as i understood i thought that is what i should suggest.. i think u didn’t try at also.. Please see to it first as you don’t have access to tool right now..maybe that would work..
      also can you please tell what are you actually designing.. that way i will be more helpful to understand things that you are doing.

Thanks & regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

yeah i got the access to software now…

i have attached the diagram below. and encircled the portion i am taking about..

i need to evaluate the peak power of pulse what should i take there is too much fluctuation. i took also power meter after my device, but power meter provides me the average power.

if any body got my query now.. he can help now

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

sory attachment is here

Attachments:
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.