Home Forums SYSTEM visible light coomunication

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      saharsh singh
      Participant

i try this project visible light communication using OFDM with QAM scheme. for that i have designed all the blocks and and using LED as transmitting source but the problem i am getting is that the system is not able to detect the transmitted data and the min BER is 1. and when i use directly modulated laser in analog mode i am getting the exact data that i have transmitted.
      but the same i result i want using LED at visible frequency that is at 700nm..can somebody help me with that??

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

For QAM type modulation, and also including more advanced modulation schemes, it is more appropriate to use a BER Test Set. The BER Analyzer calculates the BER from the eye diagram. However, it expects a binary signal and not an m-ary signal you might be using for you QAM scheme.

If this is not the problem, please send over your project file and I’ll take a look at it.

Cheers!

moso.dodo
      Participant

Hi;
      How can i get the eye diagram for 16QAM cause when i use BER analyzer tester the eye digram not opened? i use 4 channel (WDM) then transmit it throe FSO but at out put the eye diagram is closed? as attached

moso.dodo
      Participant

attached please

Attachments:
      moso.dodo
      Participant
      Damian Marek
      Participant

The project file is working correctly, but I’ll try and explain what is happening to the Eye Diagrams. To put it simply I don’t think you should be using eye diagrams to calculate the BER for this system. Since QAM is a amplitude-phase modulation it’s going to be multi-levelled. You also need to create a NRZ signal and electrical signal that is a copy of the QAM transmitters you have to setup the BER Visualizer correctly. Finally, the BER calculation assumes a NRZ (RZ) modulation scheme and calculates the BER from the noise, decision time etc. I think the BER test set is a better way to calculate the BER as it sends bit sequences down the transmission link and directly compares the detected output.

Using LED’s (or even Lasers) as a modulator at those bit rates is well beyond their limits, especially LED’s for a coherent system. The LED’s will include a lot of phase noise and their large line width will make it difficult. I think it is realistic to expect very high BER for LED’s in this current system.

Cheers

moso.dodo
      Participant

thanks, when i use BER test for 400m their is no result in BER but when i use 1000km we can see that their result acceptable?whey?

Damian Marek
        Participant

In the BER Test Set? I’m getting BER of around 0 for the 400 m case, since there is low loss and ~0.5 for the 1000 km since there is high loss. Seems to be working for me.

Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.