Home Forums GENERAL UWB Couplers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

My dear respected researchers

i am simulating a UWB monocycle generation based on XPM in SOA.The system i am simulating and the screen shot of the project file is attached herewith.Please tell me in first coupler which is coupling two CW lasers one out put is open while the second output is going into second optical coupler.In second coupler the second input is from MZM.The one output of second coupler is also open(i mean attached to an analyser).Is keeping open two output ports is normal or producing problems in simulation?what can be done in this case?
      please help me as i am requesting all the respected members.also let me know how to get 50:50 ratio in second coupler?
      regards
      Muhammad jawad mirza

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Might be helpful to look at the help file associated with the component, double click it and hit Help. Connecting or not connecting something to the output will not affect the model in any ways, it is up to you if you want the signal to be passed to another component. The default operation of the coupler will split the power from each input port into equal parts of each output port. Changing the coupler coefficient will change the ratio of how the power is split.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

dear sir D.Marek
      thanks a lot for your kind help and response
      my system has been working but i am not getting the desired result i.e i am not getting the monocycle pulses rather i am getting only chirped pulses(attached the screen shot of the optical time domain visualizers).i am attaching the research paper which i need to implement and project file also in opti sys v.7.
      please comment why i am not getting monocycles and where is the mistake.
      your help in this will be highly obliged as it will help me greatly.
      regards
      jawad mirza

muhammad jawad
      Participant

sir D. Marek
      the project file of opti sys 7 and the screen shot of the simulation is attached herewith separately.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.