Home Forums SYSTEM User defined sequence as controlling element

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Hi All

I wanted to enquire about the fact that why is it always said like we can only use a user defined bit sequence as a controlling element for some switch or anything, why not pseudo random sequence??

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..

Well I don’t think there is any such stringency in choosing between the user-defined BS and PRBS. However, in user-defined BS, you can customize it as per your system requirement whenever required before analyzing simulation results. I hope my response helps. All the best.

Regards.

Hi Naazira

I agree with u in this i also think that it is always suggested to use it for the fact that we can define the bit sequence of our choice and its not random as in pseudo random bit sequence generator. So i believe that is why it is preferred but not compulsory to use to control the switches or other components that require some sort of control.
      Thanks a lot Naazira

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Yes Burhan, you are right.

In the PRBS, the bits generated are used as such, because their pattern doesn’t matter in those simulations. But in case of having a particular control, you would need to define your signals. All the best.

Regards.

Hi Naazira Badar

In my case i am working on using a user defined bit sequence to control the basic optical switch component or as is mentioned in optisystem as ideal switch . As in this component we have an input that is meant for control and that is provided by user defined bit sequence and in that we don’t need to mention the type of signal anywhere so far.

Thanks a lot for ur response

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

I got your point Burhan and the idea behind it.

All the best.(y)

Regards.

Hi Naazira

Thanks a lot. Well can u please tell me what r u working on, i mean can u please brief me about your project as it seems quite interesting to know what are the hot topics of fields in optics.

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..

I am working on Free Space Optics technology. It provides the advantages of optical communication avoiding the cost and time of digging for fiber deployment as we wirelessly transmit the optical signal through LoS .

Regards.

Hi Naazira Badar

Ohhh that seems quite an interesting field of optics but I guess there might be some restriction in the range as is the case with ordinary wireless communications and weather might be having a greater impact on such type of optical communications as changing weather might be affecting it. Is it so??

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Yes Burhan num mina llah..
      You are right. That is one of the major technical challenges FSO faces. It is vulnerable to the changes in the weather. In fact in my project I’m trying to optimize the system such that it supports communication even in dense fog , where in atmospheric loss is around 315 dB /km.

Regards.

Hi Naazira

Ohhh that seems quite interesting infact it would be really great if you could optimize your project (FSO here) to different weather conditions like dense fog, it would apply to rain snow etc also i hope. i hope someone in this field is working on the distance constraint as well. And optimize the system for larger distance as well in order to make our networks wireless. Hope!

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

HI Burhan num mina llah..

You are absolutely right. In fact I’m taking these aspects into consideration in my project. FSO promises to be the last mile solution for the next generation networks.

Regards.

Hi Naazira

Thats really an interesting project. You might have had really worked on the literature survey regarding this project. anyways best of luck with your project on FSO.

Cheers!

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..
      Yes , it is. Thanks a lot. All the best to you as well.

Regards.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.