Home Forums GENERAL Use of Spatial CW laser with LiNb Mach-Zehnder Modulator

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Aadil Raza
      Participant

Can we use Spatial CW laser (having multi modes) with LiNb Mach-Zehnder Modulator for modulating with Sine wave?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi ! Addil
      Basically spatial laser can be used with mzm could so please specify the paper or idea why you need to use sine generator only along with cw spatial lsser?

Aadil Raza
        Participant

By modulating sine wave with cw laser using MZM we can generate multiwavelength which can then be use as WDM system. Now I also want to use the modes to further enhance the capacity of the WDM system. That’s why I am asking about the use of mzm along with spatial CW laser. Does MZM support multiple mode in modulation as it does with simple ce laser?

Aadil Raza
        Participant

Dear Friend

As you said MZM can be used with spatial CW laser. Spatial CW laser means that we have more than one modes in it.
        Does such a MZM practically exist which modulate Multimode laser (for example two mode laser)? If yes then please let me know some reference.
        what is the component ‘mode selector’ in real life? does such component exist in real life? if yes please give me some paper reference.

In n nutshell I want to know that can we simulate a big system by using the all available components in optisystem. if i talk about the publication of a paper then what will be the justification of the components which we don’t see in real life and have in optisystem?

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

MZM works fine with CW laser. Can you provide the information of paper you are referring, so it would be easy to understand the concept. Please find attached a simple design of MZM with CW laser.

Attachments:
        Aadil Raza
        Participant

Dear Dhananjay Patel
        Please attach the snapshot of design of cw laser with mzm. As I am using optisystem 7 so can’t open this file

alistu
          Participant

Hi Aadilqau,

Here is a screenshot from Dhananjay’s system implementation attached at your request, whose file he has attached in his last post. However, I see the used laser is a normal CW laser, and not a spatial CW laser as you have mentioned in your post above.

Attachments:
          Ashu verma
          Participant

Thanks Alistu,from the forum statement what adill stated in topic,is the use of spatial laser not cw laser with MZM in order to transmitt multi modes.Use of WDM along with SDM is new and very interesting concept.So would suggest addil replace the CW laser in above screen shot and set the values in array in order to generate different modes.Moreover you can use mode generater after MZM in case CW spatial laser you dont want to use.At receiver side use mode selector for selecting various lp lodes.But you cannot use SMF by doing this,you need to insert here GI-MMF Spatial .SMF do not support these modes.Thank you

Ashu verma
          Participant

Please find the modified file with possible changes shown in screen shot.
          I have marked following components for better understanding
          Spatial laser
          Spatial PIN
          Spatial MMF
          A CW spatial laser for generating different modes power array can be used as attached in capture.jpg

alistu
          Participant

The screenshot is from the file attached by Dhananjay. So could you please upload a file in here in which you have used the spatial CW laser together with LiNb Mach-Zehnder Modulator for modulating with sine wave, what is actually Aadilqau’s problem? I think this would definitely solve Aadilqau’s problem better than anything else. Thank you.

P.S. I just saw your attachment. I hope it is helpful to Aadilqau.

Ashu verma
          Participant

Yes Alistu ,screen shot is tgete.Now i just want to understand what actully Adill trying to make.Is the file only limited to opration what we have done or as he reffered in his reply to realize wdm system along with Spatial division multiplexing.But i surfed ,and does not get any article which demonstrate wdm and sdm simontaneously.I am curious due the popularity of SDM or MDM these days.If addill have plan to work fyrther on this domain and have some paper or content in this regard,so i would like you to share with us .
          Thank you

Ashu verma
      Participant

Interesting concept Aadil,from your reply as i understand you want to realize wDM with Spatial modes generely refered as SDM.As far as generation of lp modes is concerned then you can set array in CW LASEr and yes MZM modulate multiple modes.But i am little confused about sine wave . Here i have attached a link ,let me know if it helpshttp://www.ijert.org/view-pdf/13595/implementation-and-analysis-of-lp-modes-over-owc-link-using-different-pulse-shapes

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Thanks all for guiding me. I am working on what all you people suggested. I will come again after some time to catch up your attention for this particular problem.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Adill,being an forum member it is our duty to help and share our knowlede with you.I will waiting for you query because this topic is very interesting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.