Home Forums GENERAL How about the usage of Optiwave Softwares?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ashkan tashk
      Participant

I think it is very important to discuss the pro.s and con.s of Optiwave softwares and their role in the advancement and devlopement of new technologies and products. I, myself think that Optiwave products have vital role in such technologies. I am a Ph.D. student in the field of telecommunication systems and currently studying on biomedical image processing. So, as you see, my field of study is not very related to the Optiwave software products, but as I am teaching some courses like optical fibers communications, such softwares are very helpful tools for teaching such courses. Indeed, they aid and assist the instructors for such courses and studies.

Lili
      Participant

As a common undergraduate, the use of OptiSystem helps me a lot in the simulation of the OFDM-ROF.
      Especialy, those samples make it easier for me to understand the whole structure when I get to it at the first time.

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

You can use Optiwave products to design your partial parts of your Biomedical image . It could be good if you can import/ export the image to matlab having your optical fibers in optisystem. You could study the image propagation throgh the fibers .

Sushank Chaudhary
      Participant

Yes, I am totally agreed that OptiSystem software’s help to understand the basic operations of fiber optics.

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

I am also a teacher at the university and have regularly Master students designing passive optical components. We own 3 different photonic tools but the Optiwave tool is mostly in use. It is very demonstrative for lectures and teaching process and user friendly for my Msc. students.

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

You are right , optiwave is a veru educational tool for undergraduate and master students, They can understand the basics of optical communications as other.

However it is a very good platform in research and the study of optical interconnects and communications in Europe and Japan, with a large of publications in IEEE- LEOS.

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

One more thing that I like particularly on WDM-Phasar is that it offers possibility of “AWG Design vizard”, that is, it designes the AWG structure itself, so the user does not have to do any calculations. Very usefull particularly for the beginners.

However, disadvantage of the tool is the speed. It is much slower that the other photonic tools. For example 128-ch, 10 GHz AWG took about 2 months.

Nevermind, the tool (compared to other photonics tools) produces “real” simulated results matching with the measurements. That’s the most important.

Arun Kumar
      Participant

Yes, I am also a teacher and i found that it iv a very powerful tool to study optical communication systems.

Hossam Shalaby
      Participant

I am also a professor at a university and used OptiSystem in my teaching. In addition, I assign term projects to my students to be submitted using OptiSystem. It is a very useful software in academic teaching, especially in the lack of high expensive equipment.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.