Home Forums SYSTEM unequal channel spacing in wdm

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      gulkaran bajwa
      Participant

hello friends,

I am doing work on equal and unequal channel spacing in WDM network to reduce the effect of Four Wave Mixing using 8 and 16 channel. BUT I have a problem in unequal channel spacing because I am getting distorted signal at receiver side (DEMUX). Please help me out of this problem.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi gulkaran bajwa…
      Well i think you can refer lesson of 16 Optical System Tutorials namely Channel WDM System Design.
      This lesson demonstrates the basic features of a typical WDM optical communication system and shows the basic design steps with OptiSystem.
      For your reference i am attaching a link which might help you.

16 Channel WDM System Design

Hope that your problem gets solved.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hello gulkaran,
      Can you please upload the osd file over here.
      One more thing did you try any sample which is simulating for unequal channel spacing ? I have not found any of the sapless until now. Please share if possible.
      Thanks and regards

gulkaran bajwa
        Participant

here i am sharing 8 channel unequal space channel allocation model.
        if find any relevant regarding this, please guide me.

Attachments:
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      Four Wave Mixing crosstalk suppression can be achieved by using unequally spaced channel allocation methods such as integer linear programming (ILP), extended quadratic congruence (EQC) algorithm, search algorithm (SA), disjoint difference sets (DDS), and optimal Golomb ruler (OGR) sequences. The main contribution of this paper is to presents a brief survey on the ILP, EQC, SA and DDS and detailed survey on OGR sequences proposed in literature for FWM crosstalk suppression in WDM systems.
      The use of proper unequal channel spacing keeps FWM signals from coherently interfering with the desired signals.
      An optimumUSCA (O–USCA) technique ensures that no FWM signals will ever be generated at any of the channel frequencies if the frequency separation of any two channels is different from any other pair of channels in a minimum operating bandwidth.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.