Home Forums SYSTEM Two Matlab components overwrite Input and Output port script data

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Farid Khan
      Participant

Hello dear members,
      I am having problem using two matlab components. When start simulation both loaded matlab and the second component overwrite the input port/output port data of first component in matlab workspace, as workspace shows only single InputPort1 and OutputPort1 data. That means no port data for second matlab component. How to figure out so that to see data for both matlab components on workspace. Seniors Kindly help.

Damian Marek
      Participant

The OptiSystem simulation engine is sequential and it will decide, layout dependent, which Matlab component to calculate first. If you want to debug a Matlab component I would put the “pause” command in the M-file to halt execution while you investigate the variables.

+1
      Farid Khan
      Participant

Thank you Damian , I think excellent answer. But That’s the problem, that in a sequence manner, each matlab component will overwrite the outputPort of previous one. So you mean for each matlab component simulation I have to pause the simulation. It will become complex if I use more matlab components. Is not there any other option?

Regrads,
      Farid

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.