Home Forums BPM tri core

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

dear friend,

i designed tricore fiber , i need to analyze optical parameters like dispersion and other measures, how could we calculate using optibpm , kindly let me know for further move…

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Vignes,

For dispersion the best way is to use a mode solver, like OptiMode. You can set the solver to run the simulation for multiple wavelengths and plot the effective index.

You can start with the example file that comes with OptiMode in the dispersion scan folder. (GeDopedFibreLp.mxd).

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Question to Damian: Is ‘OptiMode’ a separate product of Optiwave which not included in trial package?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Ravil,

Vignes is correct, it comes with OptiBPM and OptiFDTD and it basically contains a lot of different mode solvers and a GUI that you can use to create 2D profiles. It also has support for scripting and sweeps so that you can see for example the effect of wavelength on the effective index (dispersion).

Cheers

vignes
      Participant

dear ravil,

optimode is a interfaced analyzer with optifdfd and optibpm which is a additional tool for anlayzing

Vignes , have you tried computing dispersion of optical fiber through the mentioned solution. Please let me know.

vignes
      Participant

dear subhash,

i done with generating mode index for wavelength, next need to calculate of Dispersion for the wavelength

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.