Home Forums SYSTEM \"training, pilot symbols\" input

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mery more
      Participant

Hello
      I am using optisystem 13.
      I want to build ofdm system.
      In ofdm demodulator there are 3 input ,the third input is for” training, pilot symbols”
      So which component I can put it on the “training, pilot symbols” input..

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Hi Mery More,
      In OFDM systems at the modulator / demodulator side information about the transmission channel is transmitted / received by means of a known transmitted training sequence which contains sub-carrier frequencies. it is used to ascertained the channel response and used for adaptively channel compensation in transmission links to provide high capacity system for next generation networks. OFDM offers natural and promising solutions to solve the inter-symbol interference due to high data rate.
      Regards.

+1
      Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

If you have Optisystem 13.2 version, please try with update block of OFDM modulator & Demodulator. Check the Help documentation to find out how to properly choose “training, pilot symbols” subcarriers and subsequently decode at the receiver. This is a very interesting feature of the OFDM systems used foe channel estimation.

Damian Marek
      Participant

The OFDM Modulator component also has one input and two outputs one for training symbols, pilot tones and the other for the transmitted signal.

Cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.