Home Forums FDTD TiO2 / Ag plasmonic simulatio

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Shashikant Banjare
      Participant

How to draw light absorption vs wavelength graph from simulation result.

Scott Newman

The answer to that is going to rest in your layout and exactly what you are modelling. Do you have a fdt file you can upload?

Scott

Shashikant Banjare
      Participant

Yes..

Shashikant Banjare
      Participant

From this ,Observation area 1 which show transmission vs wavelength and Observation area 2 , which show reflection vs wavelength.
      How to produce absorption(%) vs wavelength ghraph.

Scott Newman

Nothing was attached but that is fine. Assuming you have properly normalized both the observation areas to your source 1-T-R should be absorption.

This is assuming you are not using APML boundaries parallel to the optical path as the APML will introduce absorption. This is why I wanted to see your design.

The data processing can be done by a 3rd party application by using the data exported from analyzer or you could develop a VB Script within Designer to process that data.

Scott

Shashikant Banjare
      Participant

I am attaching file….please check it …

Scott Newman

I have looked over your design and while I do have a couple of points to improve your results, I am not able to help much further without you specifying what exactly is your problem with the results.
      1. Your simulation domain is defined in the y direction from 0 to 0.25um. This was done by setting your substrate to 0. There is nothing wrong with this except that you specified your source to be at a y position of 0 which is running right along the PBC. I am assuming you want your source in the center of the XY plane, set your y position to 0.125um.
      2. Your spheres are made of a Lorentz-Drude material, I recommend running smaller time steps than required by the auto setting to ensure that you have a stable simulation. Your setting was fine but it is something to keep in mind.
      3. When creating the spectrum you want to make sure you are plotting the full (Pz) component and not just Pz-x or Pz-y. See attached figure.
      4. What version of the software are you using?

Scott

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.