Home Forums SYSTEM time delay line

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joseph Jiang
      Participant

hi,everybody ,I want to know whether there is a time delay line in optisystem.I KNOW there is a device”time delay”.BUT IT IS NOT i want since it is periodic extension.for example,if the bit sequence is 01100101011,if i set the time delay 2/bit rate,the signal will be 11011001010 in the same time window.I want the signal to be transmitted in a time delay but should not lack of the whole signal.I am expecting to your reply.thank you in advance!

Damian Marek
      Participant

The reason why OptiSystem wraps the time signal around the time window is to allow the software to minimize the memory used. If you want to increase the relative size of the time window, so that the wrapping around does not occur you can set the number of leading and trailing zeroes to a larger number and also using the User Defined Bit Sequence generator, define a bit sequence that has enough padding, so that the time window is large enough.

Regards

Joseph Jiang
        Participant

I have idea about what you said.however ,are not there a time delay line apart from the device time delay in optisystem?thank you!

Damian Marek
          Participant

I guess I am a little confused too! You want to delay a single bit in a sequence without affecting the other bits? Can you show me with a clear diagram what specific type of delay you want?

Sorry for the confusion and thanks!

Joseph Jiang
          Participant

hi,damian,i’m sorry to reply you late.I will explain what the exact delay want.I want to use a optical switch to control my signal.if the signal have not came to the switch,i will turn off my switch,and if the signal is coming,i wll turn on my switch to pass my signal.however,in optisystem,the signal seems to come to the optical switch simultaneously.so i want to my signal delay some time to being controled by my switch.thanyou!THE PROJECT IS ATTACHED.

Attachments:
          Joseph Jiang
          Participant

dear damian,i am waiting for your reply!thank you so much!

Bryan Tipper
          Participant

Damian’s currently visiting India for business. He will be out of the office most of next week as well, and will have limited time & access to the forums.

Joseph Jiang
          Participant

OK,thank you Bryan,but can you help me with my question?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Joseph, if you want to get a precise time delay for your sequence (which I can interpret as a single digital channel of a system) I would recommend you to use a fibers for such a delay with specified length.

Joseph Jiang
        Participant

it is really a good idea and i have thought the optical fiber.thank you!

Joseph Jiang
        Participant

dear Ravil,as you said that using a fiber to delay the singal,however,i find the signal did not delay.i do not know what is the problem.than you in advance.

Ravil
      Participant

To get more elaboration on this idea I refer you to “Fiber Optic Communication” – book of Agrawal. Look at chapter related to TDM.

Joseph Jiang
        Participant

do you mean the book”fiber-optic communication systems” and TDM means “time division multiplexing”?thank you!

Ravil
      Participant

Yes, that’s the book and the chapter/topic. Let me know about your progress!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.