Home Forums BPM Ti : LiNbO3

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Harsh Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I am designing Ti diffused LiNbO3 waveguide. As optibpm is new for me. Tell me in simulation where to see effective refractive index and what are the parameters on which it depends. I simulate the same tutorial which given by optibpm regarding the same, but the results are not same.

Thanks
      Harsh Kumar

Steve Dods
      Participant

Hello Harsh. What difference do you see between your simulation of Ti:LiNbO3 and the tutorial Lesson 7?

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Harsh,

As Steve said you can find the tutorial. I tried the tutorial file but I am not getting an output. I followed the same procedure and I got an 3D Simulation output but I didn’t get 2D output.

In OptiBPM analyzer, you can see the tab refractive index.

I attached file here.

Attachments:
      Harsh Kumar
      Participant

Hello Steve,

I simulate the lesson 7 only and I get the results also. But the dimensions given there have no practical importance. So adjust them as per practical requirements.

with regards

Harsh Kumar
      Participant

Hello Sasha,

I tried that tutorials and get the results. Also find the refractive index tab, but confused with the values shown.
      That values of ordinary or extra ordinary R.I or of effective R.I. And to get 2-D results you have to do 2-D simulations or by using the tools which are given on tool bar.
      Sorry, I can’t access your file as it designed on different version of optiBpm. I am using optibpm9.0.

Thanks for response.

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Harsh,

To get the 2D results, you have to do 2D simulation. I tried the tutorial in Optisystem13 version. So it is not possible for you to open in lower version.

Regards,
      Sasha

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Harsh,

Can you, please, specify the parameters that are different in your simulation from the example given by Optiwave? At the same time, can you, please, also indicate the values of refractive index that you are getting? If I am not mistaken and remember it correctly, you should be able to choose/switch from 2D to 3D simulation in the simulation of Lesson 7 of OptiBPM tutorials.

Harsh Kumar
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

I change the dimensions of wave-guide and simulation parameters are same. I got the same Refractive index.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.