Home Forums FIBER three spatial mode ring core fiber

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

dear friend,

i attached one paper regarding multi core fiber, i need to know that by using optifiberv.2.0 could we design that profile and mode confinement

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Vignes,

Yes that should be very easy tome simulate in OptiFiber. You just need to add 3 regions and modify their refractive indices.

Cheers

vignes
      Participant

dear damain,

if its possible means, how we can define for example i add 3 regions and 1 cladding region having n1 ,n2 ,n3, and n4 respectively,in which, if core is silica with germanium doped having value 1.46(approx), then n1=n2=n3=1.46, and cladding have n2<n1 term , is this correct , or any other property we need to consider for design like 3 core fiber

Damian Marek
      Participant

Yes it seems fine. It doesn’t seem necessary to me to have three different regions if they have exactly the same index of refraction though. You could make the same fiber with only two indices.

vignes
      Participant

dear damian,

if we have two region alone in which, how we could review that they have with 3 core from cladding region , i need some explanation

vignes
      Participant

dear damain, i meant about first picture , 3 core and single cladding region , but i need some idea in terms of refractive index profile vs radial distance in three core fibre

Damian Marek
        Participant

Ah ok, sadly this will not be possible in OptiFiber as it assumes a radially symmetric index of refraction profile. You could perform this mode calculation with OptiMode, which is a numerical solver that comes with both OptiBPM and OptiFDTD.

Cheers!

vigneswaran
      Participant

dear damain,

i am not having in much idea about optibpm, but i need to analysis about the 3 core fiber.. so i would like to have some ides from u in respect of guidance

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you are new to OptiBPM this tutorial will steer you down the right path:

Introduction

Adding one or more cores should not be difficult.

vignes
      Participant

dear damian ,

thank to u , i will refer that

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.