Home Forums SYSTEM Temperature Simulation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kadambari Sharma
      Participant

Is it possible to see effect of temperature on optical fiber through simulation?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Kadambari,

I didn’t find any temperature parameter in the OptiSystem SMF fiber. However, since there are a variety of parameters whose values can be set in optiSystem SMF fiber, if you know the realtion of temperature with any of these parameters, you can change their values according to the temperature using script mode.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Alitsu, actually, there is a temperature parameter in the bidirection fiber under the nonlinear section. I think this is made to affect Raman effect when temperature changes.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you for informing about this parameter. It is mentioned in the component properties that the temperature parameter is being used to help describe the optical noise generated by Raman and Rayleigh scattering in the bidirectional optical fiber. The relation is also available in the help section.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

You are welcome Alitsu! Anyway, since temperature in Optisystem affects only Raman and Rayleigh noise performances, maybe it is not suitable for fully explore temperature dependence of optical fiber as Sharma might need.

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Kadambari Sharma
      Participant

Thanx for your suggestion. I am facing one problem after connecting two bidirectional fiber. Please suggest me how to connect to bidirectional fibers.

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

Can you explain a bit more the problem you are facing?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.