Home Forums GENERAL Temperature change Simulation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Zhang Hao
      Participant

Hello all
      I am a novice in Optiwave. I am wondering if I can do the simulation of temperature change of a material under an incident light. I found an example in FDTD about heat absorption. But it seems that it can only simulate the heat absorbed instead of temperature change. And I did not see any other examples regarding this topic. So I came here for help. Thanks.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Zhang Hao,

Can you, please, give a little more details about the model that you would like to implement in Optiwave? If I am not mistaken with my guess, you can use the temperature dependence of refractive index of the material that you won’t to investigate on the temperature increase. Is it correct?

Zhang Hao
        Participant

Hi, Ravil

Thanks for your reply. The model I would like to make is a piece of material at room temperature at first, exposed to an incident white light. And I would want to simulate the temperature change of the material. That is, part of the energy in the incident light will be absorbed and transformed into heat, and I want to know how much of the energy is transformed into heat and measure the temperature change.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.