Home Forums SYSTEM TDM_GPON

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hoat Le
      Participant

Hi . i am simulating GPON network . who can help me ? why output “optical delay component” no signal in upstream ? .Upstream faulty !!!!

alistu
      Participant

Hi Hoat,

Can you please introduce the reference of your work? For downstream, there is one transmitter and each receiver receives part of that transmitter signal split by a spliter. But for upstream, the power of two upstream transmitters are combined. So which of these transmitters signal is the upstream receiver supposed to receive?

REgards

Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi Hoat,

In GPON, all ONUs for upstream uses the same wavelegnth and it is in TDMA manner which means each user transmits signal in a specific time slot. The upstream receiver would receive signal from all ONUs but not at the same time.

alistu
        Participant

That’s right and yet it seems not to be working OK. Can you please make your suggestion for the system? Thank you.

Hoat Le
      Participant

Hi Alistu .In your file ,This is TDM-GPON netwok simulation . In this system,it use 1 wavelength for downstream and 1 wavelengthfor upstream .I don’t get your point . Can you make it more clear?

san lymit
      Participant

Hi, the mistake is the iteration. U should set iteration to number 3 and than use the buffer selector =2.

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Hoat,
      Because in TDM Pon, signals are transmitted and received according to different time slots given to all.
      When there is no delay, and upstream and downstream time slots are same, and both gets overlap to each other.
      Hence no output.
      Thanks,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.