Home Forums GENERAL tapered fiber simulation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hu Yang
      Participant

I have a question about how to simulate the optical effective area, the threshold and gain of stimulated Brillouin scattering and stimulated Rayleigh scattering in tapered fiber like the attached picture. Is there any software can help me to achieve it, and how? Thanks and forgive my poor english.

Hu Yang
      Participant

the picture is here.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Hu,

I have read problems regarding “tapered fiber” in the forums related to OptiBPM and OptiFDTD. I haven’t worked much with either of these or OptiFiber, but I have read about “FDTD waveguide tapeing option” in OptiFDTD. You can check to see if it is what you are looking for in the following link:

OptiFDTD Overview

Regards

Hu Yang
          Participant

Thanks for your help, I’m checking it.

Damian Marek
      Participant

OptiSystem can simulate the effective areas impact on Brillouin scattering and Rayleigh scattering in optical fiber.

Hu Yang
        Participant

Thank you for your answer.What’s more, can I add a laser source before the optical fiber to simulate the stimulated Brillouin scattering and stimulated Rayleigh scattering? Because we know that stimulated scattering is much different from spontaneous scattering. And can I change the shape of optical fiber in the software, just like adding some tapered regions along the fiber?

Hu Yang
        Participant

Sorry to disturb you again, can I use optiFiber to simulate the effective areas of tapered fiber with different tapered length and radius?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.