Home Forums FDTD T(%) higher than 100 %

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Pawanjit Kaur
      Participant

Hi,
      I am trying to simulate Transmittance (%) for a material.The behavior of the transmittance curve is similar to the experimental results but the T (%) is higher than 100 %.The reflection is also higher than expected.What could be the possible reasons for the errors in the simulation? Also, how to find out the resonance and strength terms for a dispersive material?
      Thank you,
      Pawan

i have the same problem also

i have a transmission higher than 100% !
      i don’t understand what is wrong!

i wish some one could answer us

Jing Wang
        Participant

Hussein, as indicated in our emails, I am afraid your simulation results are not right.
        you performed a CW FDTD, while you were checking the power spectrum for a large wavelength range.

Jing Wang
      Participant

Pawan, do you mind upload the project file so that I can take a closer look at it? as for the resonance and strength terms of a dispersive material, you may find them in our material library for many widely used materials. or you may refer to same related papers or books to get them. we can also have them by fitting to Lorentz-Drude model.

Pawanjit Kaur
      Participant

Jing,

Thank you for the reply.Attached are the files.I am interested in calculation the T(%) and R(%).
      Also, the absorption edge is not at the right place and when I tried to subtract the reflected light from the incident the results are even worse.

About the parameters,
      Kindly note that, I am working on a new material and there is no information provided in the books and haven’t done any theoretical study.But I have the absorption and extinction coefficients for the material and extracted some of the parameters.However, I don’t have very good coding skills.
      Could you please help me in collecting the parameters if I send you the information(n,k)?

Jing Wang
        Participant

no attachment shows.
        I am afraid the fitting to dispersive model is only for guys with purchased licenses of OptiFDTD.

Pawanjit Kaur
      Participant

Even the attachment link is not working on this page.
      Please let me know the alternative way to send the files with results and design.

Thanks,
      Pawan

Pawanjit Kaur
      Participant

The problem of T % > 100 % was solved 6-7 months back by optimizing the influence of other components.
      Please let me know if someone has the same issue.
      Thanks

Manoranjan Minz
      Participant

In some cases I am also getting T>100%. How did you fix it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.