Home Forums SYSTEM system design

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

am trying to design a broadband system that can support a finite number of users at different data rates for example 2,5,6,9Gbps.i have uploaded my design in an osd file below.please have a look at it and tell me how can i improve the system performance as the average quality factor obtained is 3.please guide me to improve the BER and Q factor.thank you very much.

Attachments:
      shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

Some one please reply…it’s very urgent…

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi shanmuga srinivasan,
      Here i will osd file of 8 Channel dwdm system with CSRZ modulation formats, DRZ modulation formats, MDRZ modulation formats, for 10 gbps or more in downlink. you can use this ods file for your future works because these modulation formats are very efficient and transmit upto 1000 km and used in long haul comminucation.
      here you can increase no. of channel(user) and by using bidirectional fiber and bidirectional AWG you can use for bidirectinal designs.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi shanmuga srinivasan,
      Due to problem in internet connectivity , i am unable to upload the osd file, although i am able to comment… i don’t know why it is happening.
      i will try to upload the file. I apologize for this problem.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi shanmuga…
      can’t open ur osd file right now but u can do lot of things to make your BER better. Try increasing bandwidth of mux if u are using any. i have tried this and my bit error rate became very less..i hope it will help you.
      thank u

+1
      shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

Hello sahil I have increased the bandwidth of MUX upto 50GHz and still I could not see the improvement please go through the osd file that I uploaded and guide me how to increase the performance thank you

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Shanmuga Srinivasan,

I actually can’t open ur osd file right now as lab working hours are over and i am off for weekend… Try incresing the bandwidth of the mux further and see if there is any change.. But already the bandwidth is high… Still give it a try.. Hope it helps…

Regards

Sahil Singh

HELLO SHANMUGA SRINIVASAN
      I tried to open ur osd file but i could not understand the flow of ur system design and i got confused many a times..i could see that you have kept MUX bandwidth equal to 50 GHz.. you need to do same for DEMUX..i would personally suggest you to to change other parameters like power , bits per sample, increase the sequence length which is very important…also keep the symbol rate larger than your global bit rate..keep it atleast 0.5 times higher than the bit rate and c how ur system works for that..i hope it is helpful to u…
      thanks and regards
      fayiqa

+10
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi shanmuga srinivasan,
      I am uploading osd files of 32 and 8 Channels dwdm system with CSRZ modulation formats, DRZ modulation formats, MDRZ modulation formats, for 10 gbps or more in downlink. Channel spacing is 100ghz , you can also change channel spacing and channel frequency as per your applications.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

Your efforts are highly appreciated..

Thanks and regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you Sahil Singh For Your appreciation and regards. I will try my best to get such appreciation by doing some remarkable and appreciable jobs and will design good and efficient networks.

+1
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

You are welcome anytime… I hope we keep on doing such constructive discussions more and more in the near future..

Thanks and regards

Sahil Singh

MHD NA
      Participant

.i could see that you have kept MUX bandwidth equal to 50 GHz.. you need to do same for DEMUX..i would personally suggest you to to change other parameters like power , bits per sample, increase the sequence length which is very important…also keep the symbol rate larger than your global bit rate..keep it atleast 0.5 times higher than the bit rate and c how ur system works for that.

MHD NA
      Participant

i could see that you have kept MUX bandwidth equal to 50 GHz.. you need to do same for DEMUX..i would personally suggest you to to change other parameters like power , bits per sample, increase the sequence length which is very important…also keep the symbol rate larger than your global bit rate..keep it atleast 0.5 times higher than the bit rate and c how ur system works for that.

shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

Thank you very much ranjeet…awesome work…thank you all for your replies…

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

HELLO SHANMUGA SRINIVASAN
      I tried to open ur osd file but i could not understand the flow of ur system design and i got confused many a times..i could see that you have kept MUX bandwidth equal to 50 GHz.. you need to do same for DEMUX..i would personally suggest you to to change other parameters like power , bits per sample, increase the sequence length which is very important…also keep the symbol rate larger than your global bit rate..keep it atleast 0.5 times higher than the bit rate and c how ur system works for that..i hope it is helpful to u…
      thanks and regards

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.