Home Forums GENERAL Sweep Iteration

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hellow Everyone,

Could anyone Explain the application of Sweep Iteration in optisystem software. How could i use it effectively and what is benefits of using it in layout. Please explain in details.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet…
      With the help of sweep parameter you can define the iterations in your defined variable.
      Suppose you want to calculate your design for two variable lengths length01 and length02. You can sweep these two parameters with various iterations.
      For your reference i am attaching some links which might help you.

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

Parameter Sweep Setting

Parameter Sweep Simulation Introduction

+1
      Tanveer
      Participant

hello ranjit…..
      in order to understand the application of Sweep Iteration in optisystem software you neeed to go through basic optiwave tutorials for complete explanation………….here is the link

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

http://scholarworks.rit.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1703&context=other

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello ranjeet,
      i would suggest you to go through the lesson 4 of the optiwave tutorial i am attaching herein. you may find it herewith. This lesson describes how to combine the results from the BER/Eye Analyzer with the signal input power using parameter sweeps. You will become familiar with parameter sweeps, graph builder, results, graphs, and views. hope it helps
      regards

+5
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi ranjeet,

sweep iteration can be helpful in many ways:
      1. for optimization of any paramter for desired result
      2. for one parameter variation the variation of another(e.g q factor vs length)
      3. if you do not disable the random seed, then no. of sweeps with more accuarte answer(taking mean of all readings)

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello asif,
        I would to ask you that as far as i am concerned the results are usually not as good when random seed is enabled but if i am able to understand it correctly you have mentioned enabling the random seed.. Does it have an effect on making the the overall response better in case of sweep iterations..?? Please explain a bit further..
        Thanks

+5
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

for practical perpective there is always some randomness in components,thus there behaviour or response will vary from time to time.

this random may some times enhance or degrade the system performance by some amount.

the randomness is probabilistic, and if we take more no of sweeps the no. of sweeps that cause in degradation will eual the sweeps that ehhance system performace.thus taking mean of all the sweeps will provide us better practical readings

we can disable randomness,for simulation purposes, but it has practical importance as stated above.

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi asif,
        Well true that. Every component will possess some randomness and this is going to increase as time passes although not at large scale but yeah it definitely will and as far as our simulation perspective is concerned we can ignore it for better results and to make results stable. I have observed that it makes results to be so varying so i always disable it. Anyways thanks for sharing.
        Regards

+11
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are aabid

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you all,
      For helping me on this topic which really was difficult to understand but your given links and suggestion really works for me.
      now i am able to understand sweep iteration.

umer syed
      Participant

yeAH ALL,
      THIS WAS REALLY HELPFUL INDEED,i thank all especially asif for his explanation and uses of the sweep iterations

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

you are welcome umer.

+4
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome umer, ranjeet

discussions are always appreciated.

regards

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.