• Author
      Sandeep Yenchalwar
      Participant

Hi,
      In the surface_plasmon_waveguide FDTD samples why we have to create
      1) Metal Ag_1
      2) Dielectric 1.414_1
      3) Metal_Ag_new_1
      in channel profiles as well as in the materials section for a single element for 2D and 3D simulation.

Damian Marek
      Participant

The method for editing waveguides is based on setting the profile and the material of the profile. To create a metal waveguide you need the material characteristics and the default dimensions for the structure.

Sandeep Yenchalwar
      Participant

Thanks Damian for you reply..
      Does that mean for the 2D and 3D simulations we have to use different sets of values.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Well besides the depth or thickness no it could be the same. You will notice there are two sections in the profile for the 2D characteristics and the 3D characteristics.

Sandeep Yenchalwar
      Participant

Hi Damian,
      I’ve attached a file where i want to simulate the plasmonic field. I’ve used lorentz-drude values is that correct or I’ve define separately RI and Die-costant values. Is it ok to have domain size larger than the size of Si and Ag slab? And one more thing i want to know what will be the effect of Gaussian modulated continuous wave or continuous wave.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

1) If you want to do any type of spectrum analysis it is important to have the Lorentz Drude model for dispersive materials.

2) Yes, you can have a larger domain than the slab or objects you have placed. Generally this is needed to keep some space between the absorbing boundaries and the interactions of the field with the material surface. Remember that a large domain will result in a longer simulation.

3) Gaussian modulated continuous wave allows one to simulate over a range of frequencies with one simulation, because of the broad frequency spectrum of a short pulse. The CW source is restricted to a single wavelength, but it can be simpler to determine the number of time steps needed. If you are not sure about which to choose, but you want some type of spectrum response I suggest the Gaussian modulated wave.

Regards

+2
      Sandeep Yenchalwar
      Participant

Thanks Damian..
      It is very helpful to me…

Is it possible to have more example regarding to MZI and surface plasmon in the software? or any opto electronic?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.