Home Forums FDTD SPR of Au-Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sai Cong Doanh
      Participant

Dear all,

I have read some paper about FDTD solution method for Au-Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles. I also used FDTD for the same system as in the article I read. I use FDTD 64 bit with 30-Day Evaluations. However, in the process of using, there are 2 problem that I have not resolved:
      – The wavelength-dependent empirical dielectric functions of bulk Cu2O.
      – i didn’t built the hollow Cu2O with inner radius R1.
      Thank alot!

Scott Newman

Hello,

From your post I am not certain what problems you are having. If you could answer a few clarifying questions then perhaps I can get you on your way.

1. Are you trying to model the empirical dielectric data you have for bulk Cu2O? If so have you looked at the dispersive materials, specifically Lorentz-Drude material? There is a fit data button which will allow you to calculate the coefficients required to model your material.

2. For your second problem, are you asking how to create a hollow sphere? If so the trick is to actually create 2 spheres, one with your outer radius and set it to Cu2O and one with the inner radius and set it to air.

Scott

Sai Cong Doanh
      Participant

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your letter, I have been working on the optical properties of Au-Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles. In my research, the SPR peak of the Au nanocores undergoes a red shift further to longer wavelengths of 599, 605, 616 and 638 nm as the thickness of Cu2O shell increases respectively to 9, 15, 17, 20 and 25 nm. however, I have some problems finding a suitable theoretical model to describe our experimental data. It would be really nice if you could help me built FDTD model of SPR of Au-Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
      Kind regards,

Doanh,

Scott Newman

Hello Doanh,

We have an example of plasmonic simulations with a gold nanoparticle located at <a href=”https://optiwave.com/optifdtd-manuals/fdtd-nano-gold-particle/”>link</a&gt;. This would make a good starting point for you. The difference is your example will have a second sphere set to air to give the hollow core.

The example uses a predefined Lorentz-Drude model for the gold. You will need to determine the coefficients for a Lorentz-Drude model of your Au-Cu2O. If you are using the 32-bit product you will need to manually determine those coefficients from a refractive index versus wavelength graph. If you have an active license and are using the latest product we have an automated fitting function that will do this for you provided you have the graph I just mentioned.

Scott

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.