Home Forums GENERAL Spatial Connector Power Shift

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jacob Paul Rook
      Participant

Hello,

I am trying to model the effects of misalignment on an FSO system and am having trouble showing the change in power at the receiver. In my model, I am using the Spatial Optical Transmitter, the FSO Channel, a Thin Lens, Spatial Aperture, and Spatial Optical Reciever all connected with Spatial Connectors. At the last Spatial connector before the Reciever, I vary the X shift from 0 um to 10,000 um, a value that would greatly exceed the receiver’s detector. However, at the receiver, the power received remains constant even at the 10,000 um. I added the Spatial Aperture to make sure that the receiver was getting power only from direct line of sight, but I got the same results.
      Now, I am not sure if the problem is because of how I am setting up the Spatial Connectors or the Power Meters. In general, I have had difficulties modeling the received power. It seems like the power remains constant, even when I change parameters to the extreme.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Jacob,
      could you please send me your project as a zip file to my email ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to check it out?
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.