Home Forums SYSTEM Software Defined Networking(SDN)

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..

Has anyone here worked on or is currently working on SDN ? I needed some help.
      Kindly response.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Actually I needed to ask how much scope of the SDN is on Optisystem? As in how much can I work using this Software for the said topic.

Regards.

Hi Naazira

This is exactly my project and i am currently working on it. It can very much be implemented in Optisystem and i am working on designing Open Flow switch and we may shortly come up with a component like openflow switch. Can u be precise in what u wish to do?

Regards

Burhan

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Naazira Ma’m
      I think the scope of SDN on optisystem will be quite attractive in near future. The Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC) has drawn attendees from all corners of the globe to meet and greet, teach and learn, make connections and move business forward.
      The faetured technologies of OFC Featured technologies:
      Optical Networking Gigabit Ethernet SDN and Networks
      Test and Measurement Optical Packets and others.
      Kindly go through :https://optiwave.com/resources/latest-news/ofc-2015-booth-1447/

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..

Thanks for your response. And thanks a lot for letting me know that Open Flow Switch is going to be introduced in coming versions of Optisystem. That would really be great and beneficial.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet..

Thanks a lot for sharing. Sure it would be a boon.

Regards.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi Naazira Badar………
      I am not working on this project but you can implement it in optiwave as alraedy told by Burhan num minallah. Lot of research is cuurently done on Software Defined Networking(SDN) as it will make the optical networks programmable and hence flexible.
      with regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Zulkarnain..

Thanks for your response.

Regards.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

You are most welcome…
      with regards

Hi All

It would really be great if optiwave introduces components that are required to implement the SDN based networks.

Regards

Hi All

Yeah it would actually revolutionise the networking world as it would lead to making our existing networks programmable and flexible enough. And regarding its introduction in the optisystem would be really helpful for students or scholars working on this project as in my case we are working on the basic level of generating packets and forwarding them through the openflow table but in later versions whem we will have such components in optiwave it would really make things easier and obviously save time.

Best Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks for sharing this information, Burhan.

Regards.

Hi Naazira

You are most welcome. Healthy discussions are always appreciated and its an honour that somebody gets help from what u know. Hope it provided the necessary information.

Regards

Burhan

Hi burhan

Appreciate your efforts.
      All the best with your work.

Regards

Hi fayiqa

Thanks a lot .

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..

Yes it did provide the right information. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Hi Naazira Badar

You are most welcome.

Cheers!

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi Naazira Ma’m
      I think the scope of SDN on optisystem will be quite attractive in near future. The Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC) has drawn attendees from all corners of the globe to meet and greet, teach and learn, make connections and move business forward.
      The faetured technologies of OFC Featured technologies:
      Optical Networking Gigabit Ethernet SDN and Networks
      Test and Measurement Optical Packets and others.
      Kindly go through :https://optiwave.com/resources/latest-news/ofc-2015-booth-1447/

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi All

Yeah it would actually revolutionise the networking world as it would lead to making our existing networks programmable and flexible enough. And regarding its introduction in the optisystem would be really helpful for students or scholars working on this project as in my case we are working on the basic level of generating packets and forwarding them through the openflow table but in later versions whem we will have such components in optiwave it would really make things easier and obviously save time.

Best Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Naazira,
      As SDN is related to optical networking SONET ,
      it has wide scope in optisystem.
      The OFC which is the largest global conference and exposition for optical communications and networking professionals.
      It attracts the following field, which offers key networking and partnering opportunities, and provides insights and inspiration on the major trends and technology advances affecting the industry like: Optical Networking
      •
      Gigabit Ethernet
      •
      SDN and Networks
      •
      Test and Measurement
      •
      Optical Packets
      •
      Optical Interconnects/Switches
      •
      100Gb/s Hardware
      •
      WDM
      •
      Switches
      •
      ROADMs
      •
      VCSEL
      •
      Transport
      •
      Spatial Division Multiplexing
      •
      Integrated Photonics
      •
      FTTX,

Thanks,

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Manoj kumar and Mohan..

thanks a lot for your responses.
      yes, definitely Software Defined Networking would be quite an attractive deal in coming years , given its applications and impact.

Best Wishes
      Naazira Badar

Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing the information. It has been helpful to me as i am working on software defined networks. Once again i would like to request that please make it a platform for discussion. That way we will be able to learn.

Best Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan num mina llah

Well yeah, All the best for you research endeavours. Ofcourse, this a platform for discussions.

Best Wishes
      Naazira Badar

Hello Naazira,

Thank you so much. I appreciate you for taking up this discussion. Hope this will prove to be very fruitful in future.

Best Regards

Burhan

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.